Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Carving homework - Bracket Stamp

Last night I carved the next stamp in our lesson series - a square bracket:

We had the option of cutting down the outer part to just outside the image, but I know me pretty well, and although it was part of our lesson, I took the other option and left it intact. There's one in every class, right?

Here's the card I made using my new stamp:

Yes, the original image was symmetrical. No, I didn't trace it very well (it was 10 pm, people). Yes, I'm calling it "rustic". 

I followed the current Sweet Sunday sketch:

Now I need to tell you about the parts-is-parts I used. That sentiment is stamped on a banner I cut out of a piece of craft wood. I got this idea when looking at links tweeted from the floor of CHA*, and they showed packages of wooden banners with sentiments on them. HELLO! MFT die + wood + stamp + ink = FREE! Hmph.

The papers are from my still-out Memory Box valise pack. The flower has been on my desk for weeks, just waiting for the right project. Oh, about the stamped image... I stamped it on vanilla and cut it out by hand (it's rustic, after all) then stamped a not-yet-cleaned mesh background stamp over it (had a little red on it), then stamped over it again with River Rock - SOMEONE STOLE MY CRUMB CAKE INK PAD! Grrr, Can't find it anywhere. (See what all you neat people miss out on?)

So there you have it! Now I need to go upload my homework so Teach can critique my work.

Thanks for stopping by!

*CHA = Craft & Hobby Association. All the stamp and paper and embellishment companies get together and show off their new stuff. As of now I need most of it. This one doesn't allow the public in. Some of them do, and OMG, I am so not going, ever. Can you say "enablement"? I don't need help with that.

4 comments:

  1. How amazing! I'm totally in live and because of your carvings, I now want to create some of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok. you are temping me. I didn't bring any stamps with me this time. I might have to carve a few

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fantastic! I love that you just made your own stamp, that is so fun! Fabulous job with the sketch - love the bracket :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)