Tuesday, January 24, 2012

SOS Challenge 36 - Blue

This week's challenge at Shopping Our Stash is Winter blues and we ask you to shop your stash and pull out items that are blue. You can have other colors, just be sure to use any shade of BLUE as the primary focus.

I went into my remnant box and pulled out a bunch of blue card stock to make this:

I was inspired by a card I saw while blurfing (can't find it now) for the layout. I cut 5 strips of different blues 1" each and lined them up. Then I punched 1" circles out of the same colors and lined them up below. At the last minute I decided I needed to stamp on the strips so they weren't so boring. The stamp is from a Hero Arts set sent to me by Stef of IngeniousInkling and JingleBelles fame. (Thanks, Stef!)

Then while I was typing this post I got the notion I should add bling, so I ended up with this:

I like it better now. :)

Now it's your turn! Go into your stash and pull out a bunch of BLUE stuff, make something with it, then come over to Shopping Our Stash and link us up so we can see what you've made!

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Love this! The blue tones are so soothing and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh oh ohhhhhhhhhh how this ♥ROCKS♥ the entire spectrum of BLUE-ness!!!! (& also the categories of cool stamping & brilliant bling-usage for that matter!!!) love, love, loooove this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, this is so simple and lovely! I think you did a great job and I agree the bling is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I wondered how the scalloped ends on the panels was done...very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, this is a fabulous card. I think I actually have that stamp set and I have set to use it. Thank you for the inspiration. Will also try and find some blue in my stash. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey back at ya . . . thanks for the sweet words about my dinosaur head. I love this card! And, oooo, I see some "print" in those flower blossoms. You should come enter this in our Catered Crop challenge.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)