Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sketchy Sympathy

Sometimes I let my crafty supplies drive my card-making decisions. I spied the now-retired SU Notebook Edge punch (or whatever it was called - I'm too lazy to go look it up in an old catalog) and decided I needed to use it on a card. I love the old thumb-style punches.  Sigh.

I pulled out this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


... for the border options, then I just needed to decide on the main image. For those of you who put everything away after each card you make, this will not make any sense at all. For the rest of you - and I do believe you are in the majority - I saw this ink pad still out on my desk:

and decided it needed to be used. I dragged it across a piece of white, then decided it looked like earth and sky, and therefore needed a silhouette stamped on top of it. This is what eventually came out:

I love the Pool Party seam binding, but I'm not loving it wrapped around the black. It loses most of its appeal. I colored some pearls with my B05 Copic, and stuck in a sentiment. I like this ink so much, I might go for a do-over with a different border approach. We'll see. I might be distracted before that, but something will happen, besides more laundry, of course.

Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. Wow, that's gorgeous! I do love those Brilliance inks, too. Twilight (no relation) is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blues and greens in your background...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, beautiful colours with that image. Love what you did with the sketch Leslie. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your image is so striking! Great job with the sketch. So glad you joined us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous card ... those blended colours are so soft and serene ... a perfect card for the occassion!
    Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your background colors are beautiful with behind the dark flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the background for the daisies! That border punch was a fun addition too! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, love the way your used the Brilliance ink.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea to stamp the image in silhouette against the colorful background. So pretty! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)