Saturday, January 7, 2012

ESS#155 & PDCC #113

This is turning out to be quite the sketch Saturday for me! This next card combines the fabby colors of the current Play Date Cafe challenge:



and the sketch from Eat, Sleep, Stamp:

to make this:

I declared the colors to be equivalent of SU's Baja Breeze, Certainly Celery and Very Vanilla. Instead of digging around for a remnant that would coordinate with both the blue and the green, I went with a virgin piece of patterned paper from Kaiser Kraft that was in my stash. It has a little black in it, and I hope that doesn't disqualify me, but oh, well.

I punched 4 scallop circles from the patterned paper, folded them into 4ths, and stuck them to a circle punched from a scrap. The SU Jumbo Brad holds them in place nicely. The sentiment is from my stash of OMG LOOK AT ALL THESE SENTIMENTS I MUST HOARD THEM collection. Can you say SABLE? Mmm-hmmm.

That's it for this one. I'm off to see what else I can cook up in The Captain's Quarters today. Thanks for stopping by!


8 comments:

  1. You're just a sketchin' fool today. Thanks for the inspiration, I should do some of that myself. That little flower is perfect, very cool idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet card, Leslie! The white embossing looks so crisp and the sheen on the jumbo brad is a perfect accent. TFS the cool technique with the scallop circle. I have learned so much from you in the 3 years I've known you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I like your scallops into flower a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so fresh and pretty! I really like the embossing folder you used. :)

    Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe, and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So CAS and so elegant! Love the embossed paper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how your embossed background stands out and matches the flower. Thank you so much for playing along at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these colors. So gorgeous. The embossed background is fabulous. This is a real stunner! Thank you for playing along with this weeks sketch.
    Hugs,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)