Saturday, January 14, 2012

CAS Thank You

Here's two more cards I made for my Clean & Simple card-making class. This first one follows the same sketch as my last post, only I used patterned paper instead of buttons:

I also added the outer border, where on my last card I left the Kraft card base nekkid.

Here's a close up so you can see the texture on that piece of off-white paper:

Okay, in truth, I only posted that because it's the most in-focus shot of the bunch. :) The papers are from the upcoming SU SAB paper pack, and I am deeply in like with them. You need to place an SU order between Jan 24th and Mar 31st and earn some for yourself. You'll thank me for it.

Here's the second card, and it uses a different sketch:

The flower was left over from another card, and the strips of paper are from a newly-opened pack of Memory Box "valise" papers that I've had for some time. Now that I've fondled them, they won't be put away for a while, so you'll be seeing more of them around here.

Since both of these cards use patterned papers and are Thank You cards, I'm entering them in the Friday Mash-Up challenge to (1) make a Thank You project, (2) use patterned paper on a project, or (3) mash it up and do both! I did both! Whoot! (go, me)

I'm still in my jammies and it's noon. That means I've missed out on doing 2 things I'd had planned to get done today. Oh, well. I suppose I could stamp some more. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. I love those days where you just get into the task and forget to get yourself changed out of your PJs.

    You have obviously used the time productively and made some very pretty cards, I really like them both.

    Thanks for joining us.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz
    Friday Mashup DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful CAS thank yous - my favorite! Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute cards! I love the CAS look. So glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of these are great cards... I love the way you used all the pattern papers. So pretty! Thanks for joining us this week at the Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love them both; great way to showcase that patterned paper. Thanks for joining us at The Friday Msshup!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are great, I love that they are CAS but still pack quite the visual punch!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards! Love the CAS designs, and the way you featured patterned paper. Thans for joining us at the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)