Friday, January 20, 2012

I Made More Stamps! (Lesson 2)


Stamp Carving 101
I finally got around to watching Lesson 2 from my stamp carving class! These are the stamps I just made:

Everywhere you see black specs not on the main stripes is a boo-boo. :(  I didn't clean them up well enough. We made two stamps because they nest/intertwine. In theory, we were supposed to cut out alternating stripes so that when we stamp them in 2 different colors, they look like they were meant to go together. Mine? Not so much.

Here's the card I made using them (we are supposed to make tags, but pffth - I am such a rebel.):

Like I said: IN THEORY these are supposed to fit nicely together. ;/ 

Here is a close-up so you can see all my boo-boos:

 Yep, another "rustic" version of the assignment. I'll not be surprised if the teacher keeps me after class next time to have a few words with me.

Oh, and this card is, again, all remnants. I am so very proud. :D

Thanks for stopping by!

PS: The card uses the sketch from Skipping Stones Designs.

4 comments:

  1. i love these, like crazy love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they look great together-even if they don't match the assignments recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the slight overlap effect...to me they look like that should be the design and not the other way around...great stash card too...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! now that's cool. totally cool!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)