Monday, January 23, 2012

Simon Says Sketch

Tonight I played in The Captain's Quarters and made a card based on the current Simon Says Stamp challenge, which is this sketch:

 I was a little bit out of control. I started with a new 2-pack of embossing folders (by Lifestyle Crafts) I picked up at the LSS yesterday and then I started adding pieces, and more pieces, until this happened:

Totally not me, but isn't that embossing folder fabulous?!!? (Sorry about the glare - my photo tent arrives tomorrow.) I tried inking it up first, but it was too much with all the other schtuff on there, so I went with plain.

The paper flowers and (gah) pink bling are from the Blossom Builders Printed Kit in the SU Occasions mini (p 18). The brads and skinny ribbon are from one of the SAB selections that you can start earning TOMORROW! The piece of vellum is from my stash, and the doily was cut with an MFT die out of ... you guessed it: the SU Everyday Enchantment SAB papers. The sketch had an image there, but I didn't want to cover up that pretty paper. Please notice I curled the top corners of the vellum and also the flower petals. Thank you.

Finally, the sentiment is from Paper Smooches, and is stamped in SU Peach Parfait on a scrap of textured card stock.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to watch my next stamp carving class. I think we'll be making something larger than 1" square. Whoot! I'll be sure to show you how that goes. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. love this card!!! So pretty and girly! The colors, the embossing, the flowers - LOVE it all

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leslie - hour card is gorgeous.
    That embossing is fabulous - perfect as the base as your beautiful embellishments and details such scrumptious colours.

    Thanks so much for joining us the Simon Says Stamp challenge
    love
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Leslie, so soft, pretty, and feminine.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp for our sketch challenge
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH that e/f is indeed FABULOSITY itself... as are the doily die, the paper, the gorgeous flowers and the (WAHEY) pink bling!!! ♥♥♥

    WV fun in situ: stampin' up is the "suplia" from whom we can purchase most of these lovely ingredients! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it, I like it a lot. That embossing folder is wonderful, I wish someone around here would carry Lifestyle crafts stuff.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)