Saturday, January 28, 2012

MFT Sketchy Birthday

I've been a stamping fool today, but most of the cards have been for the Feb & Mar VSN challenges, so I can't reveal them until their appointed times. Oh, the humanity! :(

I made one that is based on this week's MFT sketch:

and I made a second one (different, but based on the same sketch) so I could POST SOMETHING already. And here it is:

Naturally I can't leave well enough alone, so I turned it. No, not to be different, but because the size of the remnant of that poppy paper was less than 5.5 inches, so it would only fit in this direction. Sometimes you just have to make do and let your supplies dictate your path.

Recipe: SU Domestic Goddess DSP and Poppy Parade card stock; Misc white card stock die-cut with the small MFT Open Scallop Doily; Circle DSP cut with a Nestability; Sentiment by Paper Smooches; Brad by SU.

BONUS Happy Accident: The SU brad PERFECTLY matches the DSP. I was looking for a button, and was ready to MAKE a button out of the DSP, when I spied this brad (from a SAB set). Sweet.

In other news, it is 8:00 pm and I'm still in my jammies. HOWEVER, I have accomplished a lot today, including bagging up all the cards I've made the past week or so, posting seven of them in my Etsy store, and I'll take the rest to Chloe's tomorrow and do inventory. Then I'll come home and stamp some more. There's challenges piled up in there! :)

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. That is one cute doily die... and a cute card. Funny, I just posted a card with the same sketch. Except when I went to use my only doily die for my focal image, it looked too big so I ditched it. Gotta get a smaller one. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turn that sketch any way you want - I think it looks fabulous. I have to tell you that because of you, I had a brainstorm just a little while ago. You see, on that addictive Pinterest site I found a card I wanted to CASE but I don't have the stick tree that was used. Wait....I can carve one myself! Duh! Well, I can try to carve one myself. I'll let you know how that goes. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One more thing....it is almost 11pm and I am still in my PJs, too. But unlike you, I did not get much accomplished today. Boo bad.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)