Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Carving Homework - Damask


Stamp Carving 101

Last night I carved the stamp for my Damask class homework and tonight I used it to make a card.  Here's my stamp:

 It's big enough that I stuck it to a block to make it easier to use. I stamped it onto a piece of striped paper from the Basic Grey Figgy Pudding pack of 12x12 I may have until I die, and made this:

I followed the Waltzingmouse sketch, mostly because it worked with this large-ish image, and the recipe is from Craft Your Passion: 1 Ribbon or twine, 2 Different Pattern Papers and 3 or more buttons. I was pretty happy I used two papers from a Christmas pack and did NOT make a Christmas card. :) In the spirit of this week's Shopping Our Stash challenge of Heavy Metal, I even used some brown eyelets on top of the main panel, which you can barely see under the ribbon here:


Alrighty, then, one more stamp to carve and a stack of challenges to tackle, so I'm going back in. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow! How cool is this! Love the custom stamp

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks great! and love that sentiment... is awesome :D

    WV: feests
    "your cards are like feests for my eyes..."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. Thank you for playing with us at Craft your Passion.
    LG Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy WOWZA!!! This damask stamp is amazing. So incredibly beautiful. Stunning in every way. Beautiful accent for your snarky card. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so nice idea- Thank your for playing with us at Craft your Passion- hugs Joanna

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)