Wednesday, February 1, 2012

MFT Sketch (not)

I set out this evening to accomplish one thing: to make a card. I wanted to combine the SCS Color Challenge of Pool Party + Island Indigo + White, and I chose the current MFT sketch to use as a starting point. Here's the sketch:

 And here is my card:

You should immediately notice I'm missing an element. This is what happens when you have so much s-crap on your table that part of the sketch is obliterated from view. :( I suppose that bird would count, if I had it on the other side, but I didn't WANT it on the other side.

I also stretched the sketch elements by saying that cage is the center rectangle. I was going to put it on a white rectangle, but then decided against it.

I have this thing about birds and cages, which is why you've never seen me stamp a bird in a cage. I didn't even buy that set. However, I like a bird sitting on top of a cage, so that's what I did here.

As for the stash, I had to open my 12x12 pack of the 2011-2113 In Color papers and chose the Island Indigo for the main panel and the Pool Party for the smaller panels. The die-cuts and sentiment are from MFT. The pearls - excuse me ... stickers* ... are from Archiver's - thanks, Libby! Thanks also to Silke Ledlow who told me I could find these at Archiver's. I <3 the Interwebz.

Here is a closer shot of the sentiment, so you can read it:

Sortof.

I think I'll go stamp something else. Thanks for stopping by!

* I have been combing the Web for anything that even resembles a silver "pearl", and have found nothing. My wonderful LSS even ordered me "silver pearls", but they are matte, not chrome-y. When Silke sent me the link to Archiver's, we noticed they are called "stickers". No wonder we couldn't find them! Sheesh - semantics. Dear stores, If you want to sell more "stickers" that look like "pearls", add a key word. Please. Love, Me.

3 comments:

  1. whats wrong with it you don't have to follow a sketch completely as long as they can see the elements which in this you clearly can so I think it's a great take on the sketch and I am sure every one will too
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, element is not missing, just relocated. I don't like birds in cages, either. Birds should not be caged, they should be free to fly, as they were meant to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can totally see the sketch in this card and I am loving it...

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)