Tuesday, February 28, 2012

SOS Challenge 41 - Sentiment or Bugaboo

It's time for another challenge over at Shopping Our Stash! This week we ask you to use a sentiment on your card. I KNOW, how much easier could it be? In keeping with the spirit of the SOS challenge blog, I thought about using a sentiment that hasn't seen ink yet, then I did it one better and used a set that hasn't seen ink yet, and it's a Bugaboo set, to boot! :)

Here's my card:

It all started with that piece of patterned paper retrieved from The Heaplet. The blue layers are SU Pacific Point. I stamped the image on a remnant of white, then cut it into a rectangle, thinking I'd put it over that die-cut oval, but it looked really bad. Then I got this idea I'd round the top edge with an oval Nestie, which I did:

But you can see I didn't do a very good job centering it. ;/ This, people, is how I get ideas for embellishments. I'd already colored her, so I was NOT starting over! I decided I needed to somehow balance the crookedness with ... something ... on the right side, so I used the skinny SU SAB ribbon and threaded it through the holes in the die-cut piece, and tied the bow.

At least it sorta looks like I meant to do that. Sorta.

This set has several sentiments, but I chose the snarkier one, of course.

Now it's YOUR turn. Go rummage in your stash and find an unloved sentiment, make a card with it, then come back to Shopping Our Stash and link us up so we can see what you've made!

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. HA! i ♥LOVE♥ this one, and i have to say i didn't notice AT ALL that there was any crookedness... so clearly your clever "balancing" act worked PERFECTLY!!!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always have the best sentiments and posts! I didn't notice the uneven center - you disguised it well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always say there are no mistakes in paper crafting, only opportunities to embellish, and you proved my point perfectly with this fun card! I love that dsp with the blue flower centers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Leslie, thanks for stopping by my blog. Sorry for getting the theme wrong - picked up on your challenge at Catch The Bug so not sure if it was wrong there - never mind though if I'm still eligible for this one - lucky or what! Jx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)