Saturday, February 25, 2012

More New Toys

Despite the title of this post, I have taken great steps today to reduce the Want Monster in my life. I've decided I do not need every 6x6 Basic Grey pad made from this day forth, so I canceled my standing I WANT ONE OF EACH order. Now I will only use what I have and what I buy by the sheet. This will reduce both my current stash and the incoming traffic. Win-win!

I also ordered the complete set of Tim Holtz markers. Why? Because the pesky Want Monster saw all the cool stuff he did with them via enabling CHA videos. But today I checked to see if there was a wait list for them, and since there was, I declined the entire set and only bought 6 single markers and the white (picket fence). See?!?!?! Baby steps. Plus, someone else is now very, very happy to own the complete set! I win again! :)

I did, however, use those two steps to justify the purchase of another set of Faber Castell Gelatos, this time the blue/green set:

 Love them! Remember this card I made yesterday with the metalics? I made the same card today with these four new colors:

I might be in love. As soon as my winner-winner-chicken-dinner Green Gelatos arrive, I'll do this again. Once I run out of this Bazzill embossed card stock, I'll be embossing my own, but until then, I'll be lazy. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous - love the colors. So what's the scoop on these Gelatos? I've been ignoring their existence. Actually, never mind, don't tell me... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I were as strong as you for the tim holtz marker resistance...but alas, mine should be here in the next 2 weeks or so....I just couldn't resist....

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)