Thursday, February 2, 2012

Vintage-y Birthday

Tonight I decided to play with some of my as-yet-unopened SU goodies from the Occasions Mini. I opened my Attic Boutique Side Notes and my Attic Boutique DSP and started to fondle the papers. So pretty!

Sketch. I needed a sketch to inspire me. I sifted through my pile of neglected sketches and chose this one from Skipping Stones Designs:

Too bad it's over a week old! Sigh. But it's still a nice sketch and I still used it to make this:

There are four different paper patterns here, which is why I chose this sketch. And yeah, I added the Pool Party seam binding, mostly because it's such a perfect match. :)

The tag I used from the Side Notes was white-white, and it clashed with the yellow-ish colors in the papers, so I dirtied it up by sponging some Sahara Sand over it:

and I also rubbed it onto a stamped-off Parlor Prints background to give it a pattern-y look. Yes, my Crumb Cake ink is still MIA. :( The sentiment is from Sincere Salutations. And those tiny yellow tickets are a strip of three tickets I took apart and stuck on (in numerical order, of course) for the bling element of the sketch. They are also from the Side Notes pack. Lots of fun stuff in there!

In other news, I watched another stamp carving class this evening - we'll make a Damask stamp! Whoot! I hope I don't draw blood. I'll be sure to post it once I get it finished.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)