Tuesday, February 7, 2012

SOS #38 - Valentine, Hearts, Lace

It's time for this week's Shopping Our Stash challenge! This week is (surprise) Valentine's Day! We ask you to make a Valentine's Day card OR use hearts OR use lace OR use a Meljen's image -- OR -- mix it up and do several of them all together! It's your choice, so surprise us. :)

I'm not a big Valentine's Day fan, so I chose hearts for my card:

I used a piece of Pool Party DSP from the In Colors 12x12 pack that I opened (finally) last week - a piece was out on my desk, so I used it. :) I opened and used my new-to-me Fashionable Hearts embosslit die, and cut out hearts from both sides of a few pieces of the Pool Party paper, then sewed them into a line. Easy, peasy. The sentiment is from a set I got last year - stamped it in Basic Gray, which is a little bit softer than black would have been.

Now it's YOUR turn! Go into your stash, find some hearts or lace or just make a Valentine's Day card, OR use a Meljen's image (LOTS of options, there, people), make a card, then link us up over at Shopping Our Stash so we can see what you've made!

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. Hey L, I can't even begin to tell you how much I adore this card. Another Leslie favorite for me!!!

    Do I spy machine stitching???

    ReplyDelete
  2. You stitched on a card?? And look, it's in a straight line, too! ;-) I like it, I like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. easy-peasy but so totally AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! the C&S simplicity of this just ♥SO ROCKS♥!!!!!!!!! (love the sewing, too!!!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, love it. Especially that it's not pink or red! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally love this! You did amazing with the subtle hearts and I love the sentiment and stitching! ROCK ON!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colour of this. So nice to see a Valentine that's not pink or red! Love how you stitched the hearts together too.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)