Monday, February 20, 2012

A Manly Card

Cards for guys are tough to make. TUFF, I tell you! So when my card was selected for one of the Skipping Stones Design challenges (squee!) and I got to select a FREE SET (double-squee!), I selected a Grunge set that included a tire track and the words Tough Guy. Yep, and this weekend I made this:

I started with remnants from my pack of Memory Box Valise papers (still out, of course) and it just kinda came together. I stamped the tire track on the vertical piece, and the words on the middle piece she said, stating the obvious. To add a little something-something, I went into my drawer of Everything Metallic embellishments, added two antique brass eyelets (very manly) and tied some twine through them (now we're approaching Neanderthal, right?)  I called it done.

In other news, remember this picture from the other night?

Well look what happens when I plug in the second light:

Yeah, I need a keeper.

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. VERY manly!! *thumps chest*...owww!!!! :( What a cool card. I like the diamond plate pattern. Reminds me of tool boxes and stuff. I like it. Neat card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again with the eyelets? And twine, too....very macho manly, indeed. Or should I say mucho macho.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card. I am horrible with masculine cards. Love the colors, love your card!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh oh OHHHHHHH how i love those ♥MANY♥ sets... especially that gorgeous diamond plate pattern! hubba, hubba! proof of their greatness: ALREADY you've used them to make THE MOST AWESOME GUY CRAD EVER!!!! (fact!!!) ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)