Sunday, February 19, 2012

Corner Card CASE

When I saw this card on Linda Aarhus' blog, I knew it was a winner and destined to be CASE by yours truly. She even has bright, clear photographs on her post, unlike me. ;/

Given that I never 100% CASE anything, here is my version:

It only weighs about 3 pounds, too. I wanted the white base, so I kept adding layers until I was happy with it. That Coral ribbon isn't loose at the sides, even though it looks that way. I left it long and rolled it over on itself; it's stuck down in the center under the brad.

I'm really happy with this one! I think the toughest part was convincing the brad it really did want to go through the hole I poked into two layers of ribbon and a bazillion layers of card stock.

So for those of you who, like me, are neglecting this corner punch because you don't have the patience to do the math so it lines up with the coordinating border punch, you can do this instead! I might try it with patterned paper, too. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. oooh, smart. i can do that much with a punch!

    love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very pretty...love the color palette!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it! I have that corner punch and the border that goes with it and now I have a good reason to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh. My. WOW!! This is a GOR-JUS card, Leslie!! Beautiful colors and all those layers?!!? Sooooo pretty. Absolutely one of my fave cards of your EVAH!!! ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! I love the colors, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have that punch too and I don't think I have ever used it. Love this idea and the card turned out gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i am always pleased to hear that i am not the only person who is (seemingly) physically UNABLE to just CASE something else... even something as gorgeous as linda's card that immediately makes one WANT TO just recreate it exactly!!! in this instance, i have to say, tho, that as much as i like the original... i ♥love♥LOVE♥loooooooooooooove♥ yours!!! i think it's the fact of the contrasting colors... just gives this so much "OOMPH" and style!!! (pretty sure you've enabled me into the corner punch, also. dang.) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)