Saturday, February 25, 2012

Lego Birthday

Some time back I saw a card* with Lego's made from card stock, and I filed it away in my brain to try one day. Today was that day. Okay, this past week was that day, as I made them over the course of the week. I only put them on a card today.

Here's the card I made:

 I went with traditional primary Lego colors and made those from card stock remnants. Each rectangle is 1" x 1 3/4", and there are five of them in each stack. The circles are stacks of three 1/4" circles punches. Here's one up close and personal:

I went with remnants of paper from the SU Big Top Birthday for the background, a piece of old old old SU Royal grosgrain ribbon, and a banner and sentiment from Lawn Fawn. I think it's kindof a fun kid card. Look for it soon in my Etsy shop. :)

I think I'll go back and play some more. Thanks for stopping by!

*I've since lost track of the post that inspired me, and all my searching efforts have come up with a bazillion "lego" links but nothing resembling a hand-crafted greeting card. If you find one, please let me know so I can link to it. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. A.dor.a.ble... Great idea and that Big Top paper is perfect! *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so cute!!!! My lego-obsessed friend is moving away...this will be a perfect idea for her. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)