Sunday, February 26, 2012

CASE x 2

I went into The Captain's Quarters a while ago, intent on trying a new technique, and instead I was distracted by the image of a card one of my bloggy pals, Paige, made. Paige, is my hero. She actually uses all her SU card stock and paper stash, and I am so very jealous on almost a daily basis. This is the card I CASEd (second one in her post), and here is my version:

 It's the same papers and basic layout, but I did the circle differently, left off the row of pearls, and added a sentiment. Because the glare is so bad, here is a close-up of the colors:

Not much better, I know. For those of you not yet hoarding the SU SAB papers, GET BUSY! OMGosh, I love them. The pack of 12x12 papers is one of the free items you can earn with your $50+ order though the end of March.

Because I don't get out much, I noticed for the first time the awesome green & blue pattern on the back of that orange paper, so I had to make a second card:

 These are more typical "me" colors, and as an added bonus, I used my Pool Party seam binding to match the papers and the Pool Party layer under the pretty papers:


Okay, NOW I'm going to go try that technique I mentioned earlier. I hope there's not another "oh, shiny" moment! :)

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Those papers are gorgeous! I've not bought anything recently, but seeing these just might change that! I really like your second card... those are 'me' colours too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leslie, looking at your two cards I feel like a proud mama...no gramma...no...well proud! A proud bloggy pal!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)