Sunday, February 26, 2012

Jingle Belles 12-05 - Stuck On You

The current challenge over at Jingle Belles Rock is Stuck On You! This week we were to include rub-ons or stickers on our cards. Fortunately for me, my 12x12 pack of Basic Grey Figgy Pudding is still out by my feet, so I used some of the remnants stored in the package, along with a few of the stickers in the pack, to make this:

 The rows of scallops were inspired by my pal Lisa's card here. My stickers are the ornament that's hanging from the ribbon and the star I stuck onto it. :)

Also, I used Thickers for even more sticker points! The thing with Thickers, or at least these Thickers, is they are smooth, and you have to rough them up a bit to ink them (or use StazOn, which I wasn't.) I first sanded the letters to remove the "smooth", then added a layer of Gesso and let it dry. I went back and sponged SU Crumb Cake ink on the letters to make them not so WHITE, then stamped them with the SU Weathered background stamp ink in Memento brown. Here's one up close and personal:


I kinda like those letters. :D  I wonder what I can do with some of my other Thickers. Hmmm ...

In other news, I need to move that pack of Figgy Pudding paper from in front of my feet, along with the 5 or 6 or 10 other packs, so I can actually stand at my desk instead of reaching for it. Sigh, a woman's work in never done.

So come on over to the Jingle Belles' blog and play along! And thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Love the scallops over the patterned paper ... and thanks for the tips on roughing those thickers into submission ... I love the end result ... always a pleasure to have you join us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. figgy pudding is *ALWAYS* a great holiday choice, imo, and i looooooove that BG makes the coordinating sets with EVERYTHING you need, including stickers to put on your stickers to put on your card!!! on the other hand, those altered thickers totally rock the christmas casbah, to mix a metaphor!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE them!!! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a simply gorgeous card! I love the borders and the letters. Such a very pretty design and a simply lovely card! love it

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)