Monday, February 27, 2012

A Lattice Birthday

Last night I decided to play with one of my new Memory Box dies and whatever else I had laying around, which in my world is quite a lot. I started with a sketch, but went off target, so I just used it to get started.  Here's my card:

 The sketch was from Just Add Ink:



and you can see where it kinda fits, but then again ... not. My favorite part of this card is the die-cut lattice:

I've seen so many digital images and background stamps with this pattern ... I've even tried to draw one of my own in Silhouette Studio, but it didn't work quite right. I need more practice. But THIS die --- oooh la la! My only challenge is getting it to stick! I tried the Xyron, but because of all the open space, I have to do a lot of erasing with the adhesive eraser. Not fun. The one I tried and eventually trashed had four strips of the lattice and I got a bit grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, if you know what I mean.

I got smarter and only did one strip of lattice here, but I was still challenged with the adhesive options. I tried my glue pad, even re-glued the surface and rubbed it in reeeeal good, but it's either defective, or *I* am defective (distinct possibility there), or ... I don't know what. Darn thing wouldn't stick. I eventually went over it with the SU 2-way glue pen and leaned on it heavily for a while. It mostly stuck. You can see where the edges still stick up a bit. But I'm okay with that! :)  I'm in deep like with this die, in spite of its challenges.

And in this corner:

I'm pretty happy with this corner. This was me in full stash-shopping mode. :) That circle die (from MFT) had a big empty in the center, and I filled it with some green chipboard flowers I've had for ages, and I used TWO of them here! Plus another button from one of my Blue Buttons jars. Yes, I'm very proud.

Alrighty, then. By now you've realized it's MONDAY. Sorry I can't fix that for you, but try and have a good one. I plan to end my work day with a massaaaaaage, so I'm good. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. What a pretty card! And that lattice die?!!? Oooh-la-la!! Of course you have now enabled me. *shakes fist*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Leslie, that's very pretty! I love that lattice die and I can see where it would be hard to adhere. There really isn't a good way to stick down that kind of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouuu! This is so gorgeous, Leslie! I love the softness of it & you rocked that sketch. You are so right about the adhesive options with stuff like that. I don't usually use gluesticks but I tried them on a piece of lattice the other day & they seem to be the best. With a pouncing motion instead of smearing though, if that makes any sense at all? ;-) Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)