Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Another Window Card

Today's online class for A Cut Above was, coincidentally, the making of window cards using dies. Sooo, I decided to try again, and I could also enter the A Blog Named Hero challenge again! :)

Here's my card:

 Do you like how I've held it closed with my ruler? Nothing but class here, folks.

The card base and stamps are A Muse Studio; patterned papers and ribbon by SU.


Here's the inside:

It all started with that doily. It was on the right side of my desk, so I decided to do a brown and blue card. The doily didn't work on the outside, so it went inside, and I worked with plain circles on the outside for the window.

I have a lot more practicing to do before I get the hang of these window cards. I think I struggle with them because I'm not used to doing the insides of cards. Once I get past that hurdle, things might get easier. This is a BIG step for me, people, B I G. Between this and white space, and all my Tim Holtz Distress stuff, I hope I don't get lost in the shuffle! OMG, my next card simply must be irreverent! GAH!

Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

Mary Dawn said...

lovvvvvvve it, like, lolly lolly love it! that amuse patterned paper is so cool! thanks for playing along again, my friend <3

Peg Robinson said...

Very cool. hoot...hoot!

Quip1320 said...

Such an adorable card! I LOVE that wood grain!

Stephanie @ A Steph-Made Life said...

Very cute! I love the woodgrain and that little owl is adorable! Thanks for playing along at A Blog Named Hero!!

Winnie said...

Such a cute card. I can see why you are entering it! I love the tree and the little guy inside.

Michelle Hanway said...

super cute! Love the woodgrain - paper or stamp?

Michelle Hanway said...

super cute! Love the woodgrain - paper or stamp?

Deena said...

That's great paper and the doily on the inside is perfect. I think you have the knack of these cards already.

Libby Hickson said...

Love this, so super duper cute! And that woodgrain paper is so cool!!