Monday, April 30, 2012

Monstah Birthday

The other day, Lauren commented on one of my shaped cards that it would be the perfect technique for a monstah card. OF COURSE! So in between bagging cards, doing laundry, playing with Washi tape, straightening up to try to find something I still haven't found, and making cards and blogging them this past weekend, I drew a monstah in Silhouette Studio, cut it out, and made this:

Yeah, it's kinda weird. Sort of a cross between all the monstah stamps you see, plus Gumby, plus Lisa Simpson. I was going to make it a shaped card, but the pointy hair kinda nixed that idea. There's not enough straight edge anywhere to make that work.

He has stumpy arms and nice flat feet. I cut him out of a piece of Memory Box paper and cut another one out of SU Basic Gray to use as a shadow behind him. Without that gray paper he blended into the background too much. I cut (still with the Silhouette) the eyes and mouth separately out of white and colored them with one of my Ranger purple Distress Inks. The banner and sentiment are from Lawn Fawn.

Hmmm, I wonder if he needs googlie eyes. Hmmmm ... 

I think this would be a fun card for a kid's birthday. I know one big kid who might like this for her birthday. :D

Also, while bagging cards yesterday I re-discovered this one and re-did the sentiment so it makes more sense now:

Better? Maybe not. Sigh.

Oh, well, Happy Monday, everyone, and thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. HAHAHahahaHAhahahahAHAHA!!!!! that is
    AWE.
    SOME!!!
    ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    oh carp... i totally need a silhoutte now! totally. dang!!! and yeah... googlie eyes never go amiss in the monstahly arts, imo.

    ps: 6-30... nuff said... :) :) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I think he does need some googlie eyes, they'd be perfect on him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun is that monstah, what a great idea. Stop straightening up ...as soon as you do..it'll appear!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)