Monday, April 9, 2012

A Happy Accident

I've seen a bunch of cool cards that use the new Hero Arts Lattice background stamp, so I continue to play with mine. Here's what came out tonight:

I started with the die-cut shape, then stamped the background over it and heat-embossed it with white embossing powder. It was cut from a Kraft remnant, so it was boring, and the embossed background made it busy enough that it wouldn't work with any background papers I have. Boring yet busy at the same time. What to do ... what to do ...

I took out three colors of Distress Inks: Fired Brick, Wild Honey and Faded Jeans, and put the red on one side and the blue on the other. Then a funny thing happened: when I blended the yellow down the middle, it made green and orange! IT DID! Duuuh. Is this not the easiest way to get five colors out of three, and perfectly blended, to boot!? 

I decided this baby needed to stand on its own, so I put it on a Kraft card base and added a sentiment. Done.

Is it too early for Father's Day*, ya think? Hmph. Oh, and this would be a crazy-easy card to mass-produce, if you are so inclined. Just sayin'.

Thanks for stopping by!


* Sentiment by A Muse Studio

6 comments:

  1. So pretty! Gotta try this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this background stamp and I don't think you can go wrong with embossing and distress inks. Lovely card and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. not usually a fan of background stamps, but LOVE this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it. I like it a lot. Great idea sponging Kraft card stock with Distress ink, I shall have to give it a go. I need that background stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an AWESOME card :) Fantastic fantastic fantastic

    Thank you so much for entering our first challenge!


    Linda

    A Blog named Hero xxx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)