Saturday, April 7, 2012

Hambo Hoedown - Extra Fold

I confess: it's been FOREVER since I last played the Hambo Hoedown, but I'm baaaaack! I think it's because I got up, showered, dressed and out of the house by 8 am, so when I got back I was already moving and didn't feel compelled to sit on the couch and drool.

So this week's challenge asked us to use a Hambo image and add an extra fold to our card. This is what I made:

 Yes, I know - it's PINK! But what else would a ballerina be? It did give me the opportunity to use up some pink paper, so there's that ...  I colored her with Copics, then die-cut her with one of my oval Nestabilities, but, well, see that handsome ribbon? Ribbon covers a myriad of sins, including the use of a too-narrow piece of card stock. Yes, ribbon is good, and floofy, and girlie, so it all works.

Here's a peek at the inside and my extra fold:


All I did was fold the top of the card back on itself, and those pieces of green paper were already cut, just waiting to be used. I did cut into a virgin piece of the pink for the layer under the piggie, but it was pink and it deserved to die.

Alrighty, then, I'm going back in for more. Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. So glad to see you back at the Hoedown! And of course, I love this because it IS pink!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this fun card!

    Thank for joining us at the Hoedown!

    Jenn
    DT

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)