Monday, April 23, 2012

Happy Birthday, Dad!

My Dad doesn't read my blog (probably a good thing), so I can show you the card I made for his birthday this coming weekend:

It's a mish-mash of stuff. The central panel is from my Creative Chemistry 101 homework that I plowed through while visiting Libby a while ago. The rest of it I made today. I took two tags from my work table - you know, the ones I use to wipe up all the over-spray from my craft mat - and cut them up to use as side panels for the central image. They were originally rectangles, and boring, so I trimmed them with one of my SU Edgelits.

The embossed card front was done with my M-bossabilities Trendy folder. The other side of the folder is chevrons, and you'll see that on Tuesday with my next SOS card. :)  I distressed the edges of the card front, the shaped sides, and the edges of the inside of the card (I KNOW) with Frayed Burlap, added two loops of black ribbon, and called it mostly done. To finish it off, I added the Happy Birthday from my Skipping Stones Designs Grunge set - I really like those!

In other news, I finally cleaned the gunk off my Fiskars scissors. I had to - I could wait no longer. I went to trim the ribbon on this card and the scissors wouldn't open. God bless Un-Do.   Now I need to go play some more! :)

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Very nice masculine card - Happy Birthday to your Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooooooooooh! such a fabulous "holtzian" creation! clearly those inky instructions are totally paying off, i see many creative techniques!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps ♥HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LESLIE-DAD!!!♥

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)