Sunday, April 8, 2012

Pearlized Resist

While working on my Creative Chemistry 101 homework last weekend, I made up a technique! I DID! I had been working on several of the projects, and as I usually do, I follow the directions the first time before going off on one of my tangents. I'll show you the "according to directions" versions, then how I morphed them.

First, I played with Perfect Distress Mists, where you combine Distress reinker in a mini mister with water and a dash of Perfect Pearls. I created three different colors in my mini misters, and where Tim added colored Perfect Pearls, I went with the plain white one.  Here is the tag I made:

I must tell you I used plain card stock first, and the pearl part never did dry - it kept rubbing off on my fingers. That's when I switched to one of the Ranger tags, and it dried beautifully, of course. I might have ordered some of this paper in 8.5x11.

The next technique I tried was Paint Dabber Resist. You first stamp an image with acrylic paint (I used Picket Fence) onto a piece of sticky-back canvas, then dry it. Then you go over it with your resist inks. Mine didn't turn out very well:


You can see the white image trying to show through, but I chose poorly with the ink colors I rubbed over it. Plus, my blending skillz leave a lot to be desired.

Never one to give up completely, I stamped another piece of sticky-back canvas with the white paint and dried it, and as I sat there, I spied my pearl mists from the previous technique. So in a departure from The Rules, I got adventurous and just sprayed the pearlized colored mists over the dried paint, and I got this:

Pretty neat, huh? :) Oh, and that clean desk? Not my house. No way would I have that much room to stage a project photo. Get real, people.

Here it is, up close and personal:

I think you'll see me use this one again. I really like it!

Okay, I'm going back in to play some more. Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. I truly like your experimental version better...that one is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the final version much better than the previous attempt, it's very pretty and soft.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)