Tuesday, April 10, 2012

More TH Goodness

I might be in a rut. I'm still playing with my Lattice background stamp, and tonight I tried a different twist on the Happy Accident card I made last night.What got me going was a Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge I happened upon in my blurfing that asks us to use our favorite Tim Holtz technique. Well, since I'm still on a Creative Chemistry 101 high, the TH part was easy, but favorite technique? It's more like the technique(s) of the moment, as I haven't even finished my homework yet!

So I declared emboss resist one of my favorite techniques, even though I know Lord Tim didn't invent it, but still ... So I made my two cards using variations of emboss resist. Let's get started, shall we?

Here's the first card I made tonight:

 I cut the shape from Kraft, stamped the Lattice background on it with Versamark, and heat-embossed it with white embossing powder.  I used three different colors to distress it and edged it with a dark brown. I used a white card base instead of the Kraft base I used last time.

Here it is up close so you can see my sukky embossing job:

I likey!

Here's my second card:

 Same deal with the Kraft die-cut and stamping with Versamark, but this time I clear-embossed it and sprayed it with the three pearlized distress mists I have. When I dried it it came out all shiny and pearl-y:

Both of these are emboss resist with totally different looks. I might be in love.

It's clear I need to do some more homework so I get un-stuck, but for now I'm happy with the outcome. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

ETA: What I used
First card: 
Stamps: Hero Arts Lattice background, Hero Arts Essential Sentiments
Paper: Linen cards from clearbags dot com (yes, really), Kraft
Ink: Versamark, Ranger Distress Ripe Persimmon, Evergreen Bough, Broken China, Frayed Burlap, Memento Tuxedo Black
Other: white embossing powder, Nestabilities Labels Twenty-One die
Second card:
Stamps: Hero Arts Lattice background, Hero Arts Essential Sentiments
Paper: Linen cards from clearbags dot com, Kraft
Ink: Versamark, Memento Tuxedo Black
Other: clear embossing powder, Nestabilities Labels Twenty-One die, mini misters filled with a mixture of (one of each) Ranger Distress Tumbled Glass, Bundled Sage and Spun Sugar reinkers/water/white Perfect Pearls

1 comment:

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)