Sunday, April 15, 2012

Cleaning Up

Say what? No, you're not on the wrong blog! HAHA! In my world, "cleaning up" means using the stuff that's cluttering the work table. This morning I made a few cards that used some of the techniques I've played with over the past few weeks, so I thought I'd show you a few.

First, a card front I made while visiting my pal Libby:

Technique: making rolled flowers out of hand-cut paper circles. No dies, no fuss, no muss! A great way to use small pieces of pretty paper! Today I mounted the card front onto a base. One down.

Next, two cards that use the die-cut pieces I played with the other day. First up is the distressed version:

 I just tied a black satin ribbon around it and stamped one of the two irreverent sentiments I had out. Done.

The second is the pearl-sprayed one that I paired with the frillier of the two irreverent sentiments :

This one has some added pearls, not because I wanted to be fancy, but because there were unexplainable smudges on the pristine white surface of the card front. :(

Next, I found a cut piece of natural stick-back canvas, so I did an acrylic resist with Snow Cap white paint and a Hero Arts stamp, then sprayed it with two new distress pearl sprays (purple and pink) plus my green one, and made this:

The ribbon is dyed with the same reinker I used to make the purple pearl spray. You can see it here, along with the cheapo sentiment I used - one of my hoarded Class A Peel stickers:

Now if you'll excuse me, I have more work to do in there.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. You make pretty good stuff when you're cleaning up. Clean up some more!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)