Saturday, April 28, 2012

Washi Butterflies

I've managed to acquire waaay too much Washi tape, and I'm determined to use it. One of the lessons we had in the first part of the A Cut Above online class was to use things other than paper to cut. Last week I posted this card for my SOS challenge where I die-cut a shape out of paper covered with ribbon. I used that same idea with my Washi tape today. I used these three tapes:



And made this:

Here it is up close so you can see the detail and the shine of the Bazzill background paper:

I applied the tapes to a piece of card stock, then die-cut them with the solid (Darla) die from Memory Box. I cut the detailed (Vivienne) die out of Basic Black, and also the body*, which is a separate piece. I only attached them at the center so there is more dimension, and less of a gooey, gluey mess. I know me pretty well, and that would have been a disaster.

I also switched the two outside tapes around and made this version:

 and up close:

GAH! I left a piece of the detailed die-cut in the wing. Tsk tsk.

So, given the amount of tape I have, you'll be seeing this technique again. And again.

Thanks for stopping by!

* It's probably good no one can hear stampers talk out loud to themselves while they work. Why, just a little while ago I was asking myself where I put the bodies. Um ... yeah.

6 comments:

  1. LOLOL> even more madness adn I love it :)

    gorgeous cards! what a great idea!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this use of Washi tape! I'm learning so much from all the fun you are having!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea with the Washi tape. I do love that butterfly die, too. It's just as well there isn't anywhere around here to get Washi tape, I don't need another addiction, thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooooooooooooh!!! this is an AWESOME technique and a GORGEOUS pair of cards! (& also i already HAVE lotsa tape AND those mb dies!!!!! duuuuuuude!!! i'm not even feelin' ENABLED right now, how cool is that??!?!?!) ♥♥♥!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahahah bodies.

    really pretty cards. love the flutterbys..

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahahah bodies.

    really pretty cards. love the flutterbys..

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)