Thursday, September 17, 2009

RIP Mary Travers

I have been a fan of Peter, Paul & Mary since they came to be in the early 1960's and I have had the joy of seeing them perform live a bizillion times. They sang together, on and off, for almost 50 years and created fabulous music that is known by heart to millions of children, both large and small.

The world lost Mary Travers yesterday, and we will be a sadder people because of it. Their music was infectious. Thankfully, it lives on through recordings so future generations may also feel the love.

RIP Mary.


1 comment:

  1. Oh, no! I had not heard of her passing. So very sad to see an icon go :(

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)