Tuesday, December 27, 2011

SOS Challenge 32: Ribbon or Bugaboo

It's time for this week's Shopping Our Stash challenge: Rrrrrrrrrrrribbon!  Okay, really it's Tie it up ... ribbons, ric rak or twine; or a Bugaboo image. But you know me and rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrribbon, am I right? :) 

Here's my card for this week:

 Not what you expected, eh? Well this card serves two purposes. First and foremost uses three - THREE - different ribbons:

The top strip is paper ribbon (Webster's Pages), the greenish-blueish lace (also Webster's Pages) and the vanilla seam binding (SU).

The second purpose of this card is my controlled test I mentioned the other day - to make a FAT card. I don't think I got it fat enough, but it should be fine:

I put Scotch brand mounting tape between each of the layers, made a multi-layer flower with curled-up edges and attached it to the card front with a Dimensional. I actually had a HUMONGOUS 3D flower out, but it completely covered the whole card front. Maybe I'll stick in the plastic box inside the bubble envelope, too, because I can.  My purpose here is to show a pal that the insides of the plastic box inside the bubble envelope will not be crushed in transit. Yeah, I'll tuck that baby inside the box with the card.

Also, please notice I used some reeeeeeally old stuff from a long-ago-retired SU Pretties Kit - the stick pin and the pearl in the center of the flower. And that flower was made using parts left over on my craft table, so I declare this a WIN!

Now go into your stash, dig out some ribbon or ric rak or twine - OR use a Bugaboo image, make a card, then come link it to our Shopping Our Stash post so we can see what you've made!

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)