Sunday, November 4, 2012

Coming Clean, Part 3

In today's episode, I reveal two more crafty items I HAD to own, just because I liked the color. Here's my card, then I'll explain:

It's not really as orange as it appears here. You see, about 2 weeks ago A Muse Studio had a special. They were giving away their Fight Like A Girl stamp set - all you needed to do was pay postage.  So I went to their site, selected a local Consultant, and put that stamp set into my shopping cart. But do you know what those clever folks did? They also "featured" their not-on-sale pink ribbons, card stock and inks. Mmm-hmmm. I immediately fell in love with this color (Burano), and I may or may not have also snagged the ink and ribbon.

So today I was determined to use it. The flowers were die-cut from my new My Mind's Eye Quite Contrary paper pack that jumped into my shopping cart somewhere, again because of the colors. The reds in the patterned paper aren't a great match for the card stock, so I used the softer colors of paper for my flowers.

I used some misc white brads in the flowers' centers, and I decided they weren't white enough, so I put some Inksentials Enamel Accents on them.

I followed this sketch from CAS(E) This Sketch!:

Yep - CAS. At least this one is all orangey-red instead of white. :)

In other news, I've packed up all my OWH and HYCCT cards and they are ready to mail out tomorrow. It's amazing how much table space I have in here if I don't cover it all with cards. I'm sure there's a lesson in here somewhere ... oh, squirrel!

Heh. Thanks for stopping by!

Products used but not linked below: A Muse Studio Burano card stock, misc brads.






5 comments:

  1. WHy do cameras have such a hard time with red hues? Mine does the same thing. The card is very pretty and I'm not surprised you ended up with more stuff...funny how they do that, isn't it? Kind of like the candy at the checkout counters to attract the short legged ones. Both things work well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie's exactly right....the impulse buy section. Dang. And now I wish I'd bought the enamel accents. I went for black & white sprays instead. Dang.
    Love the lots of layers flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reds sure are tricky to photograph. Your card is really bright and pretty! So glad you played along with us in this Week's CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. White space definitely does not have to be 'white' and I love your fab bright cheerful card!
    Thanks for sharing at CAS(E) this Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing wrong with adding to your stash! Super care card. Thanks for playing at CAS(E) this sketch!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)