Friday, March 8, 2013

ABNH March Sketch

I'm over at A Blog Named Hero today with my March sketch post. I had so many ideas for this one that I kinda forgot it was for a Hero Arts blog (heh) so I thought I'd share some of my other creations here.

Here is a sneaky peek of one of the cards I posted over at ABNH:



Here is another card I made with the sketch:

Actually it's just a card front. I realized after I cut out all those letters that I have nothing Hero Arts on here. But aren't these Kaiser Craft Technologic papers fun? I think I'll make a ton of boy cards with them. Wow, that was sexist. I'll make some geeky cards with them. :)

Then I flipped the sketch 180 degrees and made this:

Again, no Hero Arts. I was going to add a sentiment at the bottom, but I think it looks better without one. The lapels were added at the end, after the card base was well on its way, so this card will need a custom envelope.

I struggled with HOW CAN I NOT HAVE A WHITE ROSE, then HOW CAN I NOT HAVE THE RIGHT COLOR SATIN RIBBON, until I declared this A Muse Studio Burano ribbon to be close enough to the orange rose to work. It's a little closer in color in real life.

You can't tell based on my crack photography skillz, but the white part is striped Bazzill. Oh, let's see if this Before picture helps:

Maybe a little; you can kinda see it there. It was at this point I decided to add the left lapel, too.

So come on over to ABNH and check out how I've played with the sketch. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. No sentiment needed on the tuxedo card!! FABULOUS!!!
    Your little robot card is as cute as can be too!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards. The tuxedo is stunning! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. loved your post! that tux card is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)