I just foolishly searched for the word "inspired" in my Google Reader. HAHAHAHAHA! "thousands returned" - no kidding. Fortunately I found what I was looking for in the first few posts, so it's all good.
Earlier today I happened across this photo at Our Creative Corner:
We are supposed to use the colors and patterns in the photo AND include at least one piece of metal embellishment.
Of course, I didn't print it off, so I was working from memory, which is not always a good thing. I remembered the holes and the greenish-blue and the basic shape of the object. My brain immediately thought of distressing a piece of card stock with three greenish-blue colors, then die-cutting it with one of the SSS border dies to get the holes.
Here's my card, then I'll explain:
I ended up with a jar-shaped die-cut of a die-cut piece. heh heh I started out with this:
I distressed a piece of white card stock with Broken China, Peacock Feathers and Evergreen Bough, then spritzed it with a Perfect Pearls mist to make it all shiny. Finally I die-cut it with the SSS Hexagon Border. In one of our Online Card Classes, or maybe on Kristina's blog, we learned how to line up the die to cut it repeatedly, which I did. I then die-cut that piece with my now-opened Memory Box Tall Canning Jar die. It didn't look like much, so I cut it again out of vellum, thinking I'd layer it, but all it did was hide all the shine, so I eventually transferred the die-cut washi tape jar lid over to the hole-y piece.
Then I decided it still didn't look like a jar, so I dragged the edges of the jar through some Pumice Stone ink:
Better. Once I transferred over the jar lid, it started to look like a jar, but not really. I ended up adding some lines to it for definition. Here she is again:
Here you can see where I added in some lines around the jar. I was working on just the white panel since I never know what I'm going to do, so I poked holes on either side of the lid to thread through some twine. The tag is from the MFT Notched Tag set, and I used two of the sentiments and the tag outline stamp. I punched the hearts with my MS Heart Confetti punch. A piece of washi tape for grounding, and I was mostly done.
I kept trimming down the white panel ... you know me and white space, and ended up layering it onto a piece of Tim Holtz card stock. These days anything perfectly centered bothers me, so I stuck it down closer to the right and added two strips of black card stock down the left side.
For the requisite metal element, I added some Hero Arts Metalic Decor to a few of the hexagon openings.
In other news. Bobra has declared open season on my washi tape rolls. I'm down four so far -- they are undoubtedly in the same black hole where cat toys and odd socks end up. As I find them I return them to their place, then see them again later somewhere else in the house. Sigh.
That's it! I have a few more challenges up my sleeve this weekend, so I hope to be back with more stampy goodness.
Thanks for stopping by!
Products used but not linked below: SU black card stock, MS Heart Confetti punch, Hero Arts Metalic Decor.