Friday, March 1, 2013

Kitty Cards

The last few months with Bobra in my life have been so much fun. He's stinkin' cute in a way that most young creatures are, because that's what keeps you from killing them*. I mean, don't get me wrong ... I love the little fuzzball to pieces, but man, thank goodness this furniture was well-made, because otherwise it would be in shreds by now. I already put away the good quilt from the bed and I'm using one I really don't care about much. The things we do for our little ones.

So when I saw the Nine Lives set from Paper Smooches, there was really no decision to make - I bought it. And tonight I opened it and used it to make two cards. Here's the first one:


The only new thing here was the stamps; everything else is very, very old. The blue-green textured paper is from a DCWV Scrapbook Kit - Cat that I bought at Recollections when Recollections was still a separate store chain. (moment of silence) I have an amazingly large amount of it left.

The card design is kindof a combination of this card and this one that I made last night. I colored the cat with Copics and cut him out. THAT image is why I bought the set. Broke the 50% rule by a lot, but I may come to love the other images, too. Once I added the banner at the top I realized I had no vertical element, so I stamped the yarn image, colored it, cut it out and stuck it on. Then I ran a piece of twine under the banner and attached it with a few dots of Glossy Accents to make it look wiggly.

Then I colored another cat image and used two pieces of paper from the Cat stack:


I watched Kristina Werner's video about how to get a diagonal cut from a piece of striped paper, and since this stack is 8x8 instead of 6x6, it was super easy to get a full A2 sized piece, which I then hacked up anyway. My goal with this card was to use the Made From Scratch sentiment, so I drew in some scratches. The sentiment is stamped on a banner I tried to make look shredded at the bottom. I even tore a corner of it, on purpose.

This is the "you've gotta love him anyway" look I get when he does something. He is so full of love and maybe even a bit manipulative. I just thank my parents for buying furniture back in the 50s that still lives to this day. It's mine now, and it's pretty hardy stuff.

Yeah, Bobra and I are getting along just fine. :) I love that fur-butt. There, I said butt.

Thanks for stopping by!

*I would NEVER do that. I'm too busy laughing, anyway. I knew what I was getting into with this critter, and I love him to bits. 

Products used but not linked below: DCWV Cat stack (no longer available that I can find), Twinery Strawberry twine, SU DSP, SU brown and black card stock, Martha Stewart Heart Confetti punch, misc washi tape.




6 comments:

  1. I can't pick a favourite card between these two! They are both purrfect! You hit them out of the ball park.

    ReplyDelete
  2. heh heh heh....butt. Sorry, I couldn't resist. That little kitteh is adorable! I love the shredded banner, too. We have a little trouble maker, too, but we make do - we don't need no stinkin' fancy digs anyway. I'd rather have happy kittehs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo! These are beyond cute. The yarn is darling and using washi to ground the images is spot on. *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards, love the made from scratch. We need another picture of your lovable scamp Bobra.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have furniture from the 50's? I have decor envy. My favorite time for living space furniture.

    Also, the cat, it is squeeable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have furniture from the 50's? I have decor envy. My favorite time for living space furniture.

    Also, the cat, it is squeeable.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)