Sunday, March 3, 2013

Miss You

When I saw the current Play Date Cafe color challenge:


I knew what had to be done. This combination screamed Cosmo Cricket Clementine, so I had the colors taken care of. Now all I needed was a sketch. I found the March Sketches at Page Maps and selected this one:


It's a little busier than I usually like, but I saw the opportunity to use some strips of the Clementine paper, so I forged ahead and made this:


I'm pretty happy with several of the elements I've used here. For the tag element in the sketch I used one of the "tags" provided in the Clementine paper pack:


and I just trimmed it down to fit.

Now about that other "stuff":


The heart was cut once out of some Clementine paper and four more times out of some Kraft, then layered to make it like a chipboard accessory. I like how the sketch had a piece of washi (that's how I interpreted it, anyway), because I never would have thought to add something like that.

I didn't add the froo-froo thing at the bottom of the sentiment; I think my brain was in overload mode at that point. Instead, I added some dots of Liquid Pearls under the words to have another orange element.

The heart was nekked and I was very tempted to add some Liquid Pearl dots there, too, but it seemed to be too much. I was going to add white pearls (plural) but decided that one was perfect.

Methinks I'll stop crafting now and go catch up with Google Reader. I've got it under 550, and this morning it was pushing the dreaded 1000+. Baby steps.

Thanks for stopping by!

Products used but not linked below: redish striped washi tape.




4 comments:

  1. I love these colors. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And we have another winner! This one deserves a blue ribbon, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did the right thing - that card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful card! Great use of patterned paper and washi tape! Thank you for playing along with The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)