Saturday, March 9, 2013

Gelato Mists

I have a large collection of Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Gelatos. I've used them several times here with emboss resist, but I've seen a few videos by Tiff Johnson on other ways to use them, so I watched this one  last night and got to work making a mess.

Here is the mess:


Stamping is a messy business, but it's so much fun!  And yes, that's a cat food can. It's all I have until I can remember to save a few yogurt containers.

Okay, here are the players:


To make the mist, I colored a Gelato onto the inside bottom of the can (watch Tiff's video - it will make sense) and added a bit of water, mixed it up, then poured it into a mister. I am inept, so I did each one twice to get enough into the misters.

You see three Gelatos here and four misters. The mister on the far right is plain water + Perfect Pearls. I'll get to that in a sec.

Here is the card I made from a UFO on my desk:


At some point in the past week or so I had stamped the Hero Arts Antique Writing background stamp onto white using Soft Pool ink, so I grabbed it. I ever-so-lightly spritzed the green mist over the card, then I spritzed a little bit of orange at the top left and some light blue on the bottom right. Then it curled up on me and I had to heat it to dry it. It dried curled.

I thought I might put some Perfect Pearls into the Gelato mists, then I got smart. I don't need to add Perfect Pearls to any of them; I just need to spritz the card with the clear Perfect Pearls (thanks to Jennifer McGuire for teaching us that trick). Then it curled up again, so I dried it again. It's still curled, so it now lives under a box, and it can't come out until it's flat.

Since the background image is very delicate and the whole thing is shiny, I decided not to add too much to it. I tied on some organza ribbon and added a few pearls. Oh, and I stamped a sentiment in a close-but-not-quite color. I was trying to get close to the orange splotch of mist. Don't tell the rest of the card, but that orange splotch may be my favorite part of this experiment.

In other news, I watched the most fantastic video by Shari Carroll last night, and today I may play with a small canvas I picked up at Mike's when I was there to buy JUST ONE THING, then I got distracted. Some of that JUST ONE THING may end up on the canvas, though, so all is not lost. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Products used but not linked below: Recollections pearls, SU ribbon.




1 comment:

  1. That is a lovely card - such soft colors and the little splash of orange add just the right bit of color.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)