Finally ... FINALLY ... I've filled the box of cards for OWH. I just made six more cards from something I found in my kitchen. Don't get the wrong idea --- there was no food involved. I take reusable bags to the grocery, and one of them has a ton of paper in the bottom of it: receipts, napkins (because you never know when you'll need one), old grocery lists, etc. It was about an inch deep. When I got home today, I decided it was time to dispose of all that stuff.
Nestled deep in the pile, protected from the elements, was a small stack of pre-cut paper left over from a crop. That made it to the craft room, where I made six cards and disappeared all of it. Go, me.
Here's one of them:
I cut the blue sheet in half and put it over the dots so I didn't go blind - the pattern is quite busy as a whole piece. I knew the card was going to need something at the top, so ... remember that green textured card I used in my last post? It came in a box with 10 cards and 10 envelopes. Normally I'd use the envelopes, but these open on the short side, so I can't use them easily for OWH. Instead, I used them as ... wait for it ... PAPER! I die-cut the balloon out of white card stock (for heft) and again from the green envelope because it matched the paper. I glued them together and put a piece of foam tape on the back.
I tied a piece of white thread around the balloon, then tied it to the sentiment panel. I put a drop of Glossy Accents on the knots to make sure they stay put.
Here's another one, just with the blue paper on the other side:
I liked the balloon better on the left, so I made the rest of the cards with the blue panel on the left. I made four more of these, and I also had a piece of plaid paper, and made two of these:
And now that paper is gone, and my OWH box is full! WIN-WIN! Once the Glossy Accents dries I'll pack them up and take the box to the Post Office.
Oh, Lesson Learned: It's soooo much easier when you tie the string to the balloon first, and then to the banner.
Thanks for stopping by!