Saturday, August 16, 2014

Beer:30

You'd think I liked beer based on the number of beer-themed cards I've made lately, but no, I do not drink much beer. I much prefer a white wine, or a blush. Or a lime frozen margarita.

Anyway, this card started out completely differently than it ended up. Here it is, then I'll explain:


I followed the sketch from the current Crazy 4 Challenges blog challenge:


I actually started out with a rectangle for the center rectangle of the sketch, but I just wasn't feeling it. So, I swapped it out for a circle from my UFO pile and I was much happier. I stamped a Hero Arts striped background on the brown layer because Jennifer McGuire influences me a lot, then I cut a brown circle from the same card stock to put on top of the pool circle.

Because of my last 3 or 4 failed attempts at cards that are now pretty trash, I had some SU washi tape out on my desk, so I used the pool color tape at the top and bottom.

I pulled out my Simon Says Stamp Adult Beverages stamps, dies and sentiments, and guess what? Back when I made this beer card, and this one, I also stamped, colored, and die-cut some of the other images, complete with frosted glaze, and had just put them back into the package. Another UFO! I win!!!! :)

I stuck the bottle of beer on with foam tape, and was about to walk away, when I decided it needed something more. So, also out on my desk from a previous failed card were my SU Candy Buttons that I needed to purchase in every color family, so I added three brown ones here. NOW it was done.

I love it when I can use some UFOs and come up with something I don't detest. :) And aren't you neat freaks just a little bit sad that you don't have all this fabulous inspiration surrounding you?

Thanks for stopping by!

Stuff I used: SU washi tape, SU Dimensionals, SU Neutral Candy Dots, and the following:



5 comments:

  1. I like beer, and I like this card too! Cheers to whatever adult beverage you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like beer, too and I think your card is great. Good job saving your UFOs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am rolling...laughing...love the card and the post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. as with snow, i tend to feel that the best place for beer IS on a card, lol! but seriously i LOVE your beer-30 cards!!!!!! ps, i saw this at paper source the other day:
    http://www.papersource.com/item/Beer-Run-Wrapping-Paper/3303_035/477156.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm allergic to hops so that messes with my future plans to become an alcoholic. I still like to make beer and alcohol jokes. I like heroin jokes too but somehow my family lacks a sense of humor on that one (nephew is a junkie).

    But Beer:30, who could be offended by that?! I mean, why would we know such a person?!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)