I made this card for the OWH ODBD (Our Daily Bread Designs) August challenge to use stars, but then I found out you can only link up one card so that it's fair for the drawing. I get it, but I still made the card, so here she is:
This background was laying in my UFO pile, the result of my attempts to make a nighttime sky. I started with Jennifer's video and failed miserably. But, as happens most of the time, my bull-headedness comes to the surface and I start to think of other ways to get a similar effect.
In my first Myyyyy Waaaaaaay post, I ditched the glitter and the Glossy Accents to make similar yet less messy sparkly glasses. This time instead of distressing over the dried embossing paste, I distressed the paper first. Then I colored some white embossing paste with the same inks I used for the background and applied them to the distressed panel. Got that?
1. Distress white card stock with dark blue and dark purple Distress inks.
2. Smoosh some of the inks onto a craft mat and mix with some white embossing paste to get the blue and purple pastes.
3. Apply the pastes to the colored panel - blue over the blue, and purple over the purple, mostly.
After it dried, I sprayed it with my Hero Arts Unicorn White Ink Spray, and you can almost see it, even, in the upper right quadrant.
For the sentiment, I stamped it with Unicorn white ink and embossed it with white embossing powder. I cut it out randomly by hand. To affix the vellum to the card front, I needed hidey places, so I die-cut some stars out of silver paper, stuck them to the vellum, then put some Kool Tak underneath them. I also put some under "lucky stars" so the vellum didn't sag, and unfortunately you can see it. Oh, well.
Anyway, I'm kinda happy with my work-around, and that's one less UFO on my desk. :)
Thanks for stopping by!