Monday, August 4, 2014

Happy Birthday Bird

I visited a crafty friend last week to help her get started reloading her new craft room. It was fun! By mid-day on Day 2, we decided to stop loading it up, and instead try to craft and break it in. This would give her a chance to see if where we'd put things so far was working out for her, and give her a chance to move things before we put the rest of the "not used so much" stuff away.

During this crafty test-drive, I made this:


When you're at a friend's house, you use her stuff, right? :) So I broke out this stamp set from Hero Arts (linked below) and one of the new Lifestyle Crafts embossing folders I'd brought with me. I embossed the balloon on white card stock with white embossing powder, used Distress ink to color it, then I cut it out and put foam tape on the back. For the bird, I stamped him in Memento black and distressed him with the same inks, then cut him out, too. Since I'd distressed over his eyeballs, I stamped them again on a scrap, cut them out, then stuck them on. I used Copics to color his hat.

After I trimmed the white layer to fit on the red card base, I stuck everything down, then spent about an hour tying the teal thread to the balloon and his wing. I added some dots of Glossy Accents so it didn't go anywhere.

This card will go to my brother, whose birthday was Sunday. I've already told him it will be late. BAD sister!!! :(  But it will be mailed!

Thanks for stopping by!

Stuff I used: misc teal thread, and the following:




7 comments:

  1. A card maker who doesn't send birthday cards out on time? I thought I was the only one who did that! LOL!
    Your card is absolutely adorable, and your brother will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. I love the the colors of inks that you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO FUN! Love this...glad you are supporting a the postal service just a little bit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's better to send birthday cards out late so that the person having the birthday can prolong the celebration. It's a fun card. I'll bet stocking up a new craft room is a lot of fun! Plus you got try it out so that is a bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's just too cute - I love that little bird.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh em gee! he is such a handsome birfday birdie!!!!! love all the gorgeous CLEAN white, too, as usual i am stunned by how neatly you work!

    ps: tell yer bro the later the card the younger he can pretend to be!!! HA! so really, you're doing him a favor!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)