Friday, April 17, 2015

Belated Birthday

In my continuing quest to actually send cards this year, I happened to glance at my social calendar and I noticed I missed one. I should just make all belated birthday cards and accept my fate, but nooooooo, I guess I'll just keep making them as those missed days whoosh by.

Here's my card, then I'll explain:



I knew I wanted to use this cute Paper Smooches critter set, and I also knew I didn't want to color it, so I pulled out some pretty Basic Grey papers and did a lot of fussy cutting.

This is my second attempt. I killed the first one with my various methods of failing to color in the eyes and teef, so the second time I got smarter and just fussy-cut the eyes and teef out of white. Soooo much easier!

I colored the balloon with clear Wink of Stella, as I'd intended to cover it with the three words of the sentiment:



but in the end, I liked the words better off to the side, so the balloon is just ... sparkly. Not a bad thing!

About the sentiment: I've discovered that if you own enough sets from the same company *ahem* you can probably piece together just about any sentiment you need. In this case, I used the happy and birthday from Party Posse, and the belated word is from the Birthday Sampler set. Perfect.

So, I'll get this out in the mail this weekend, and it will only be a week late. Hey, I tried. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Stuff I used: Basic Grey True Love 6x6 paper pack, Viva Decor Pearl Pen - Salmon (on the noses), and the following:



4 comments:

  1. One of my favorite stamps!!! Cute card Leslie and love the paper piecing on here. Great way to do the sentiment too.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! excellent job of the fussy cutting of the toofs. I too an on a quest to actually send out cards....failing miserably. I think I will have to get a belated ones made too

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep saying that this year I'm *only* sending belated wishes. With the exception of one card that I sent belatedly for a Jan 25th birthday that really is a Jun 25th birthday I've kept it up!

    Fun card and silly patterns, which is perfect for Paper Smooches.

    Now if only you can tell me where the cord to the camera is, I'll upload my sketch card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww such a cute card...and belated cards are such a fun surprise that keeps that special day going.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)