Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Fa La La, Part First

The current (ends today!) challenge at Jingle Bells is Fa-La-La-La-La, and we're to either make projects that incorporate music ... that are inspired by a holiday song ... or that include a holiday song title.

Well, when I saw that I immediately knew what I would use. Then I couldn't find it. But I found another old reliable, and this happened:



I always break into song when I use this stamp, what can I say? This time I simply embossed it in black, used a red gelly pen to color the bows, smooshed some Tumbled Glass and Old Paper Distress Inks onto my craft sheet and water colored the window, matted it on a piece of holiday paper that was still out on my desk, and DONE!

These guys are just too easy. I may be in a rut, but at least one of these cards gets made every year, and it's only April! Whoot! You may see this stamp again before the year is out. :)

Along the way, I finally did find the stamps I was looking for (for which I was looking), and I made a second card, so I'll post that one next.

Thanks for stopping by!

Edited to add: My card won a shout-out at Jingle Belles! :)

Stuff I used: cat stamp by Rubber Cottage, vat of clear embossing powder, MME Mistletoe Magic 6x6 paper pad, and the following:



8 comments:

  1. This card just brought a big smile to my face. I think it is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should keep this stamp forever - it's wonderful. So is your card :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need this stamp, you know that right? This is fabulous! I'm pro-easy-peasy cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i LOVE that stamp, OF COURSE you should use it every year!!! another great version right here! always happy when you join our fun at JINGLE BELLES, i'm off to see card 2 now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well darn, another challenge I really meant to enter. :D
    This card is not only hilarious, but so true! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Snort ... this is awesome ... so glad you joined our Fa-la-la-la-la at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)