Tuesday, April 7, 2015

SOS #196: The Earth Has Music

It's Tuesday, and time for a new challenge at Shopping Our Stash. Our theme is The Earth Has Music, and you can interpret that any way you'd like to! Think: Earth, Music, Mother Nature, etc.

This week we have a little twist, in that we're collaborating with the fabulous Words To Scrap By (W2SB) blog. That means you can link up to both blogs with one card. BONUS!

Here's the card I made for the challenge:


This is a totally stash-a-liscious card, in that most of the parts are very old. It all stated with that piece of music paper I've had in my crop bag for at least a year. It's traveled to friends' houses and many other crafty events. I finally took it out of the bag and used part of it!

You may have noticed the music sheet is covered with a piece of vellum. This is because the music is a very shiny gold:



and it was making my eyes hurt. With the vellum cover, it's quite muted, and I liked it better that way.

I was looking for a floral outline stamp in my Wooden Stamps drawer, and instead I found that old music sentiment, so it got used. I stamped it onto cardstock-weight vellum with red pigment ink, and clear-embossed it.



To attach the vellum and music pieces to the card, I used gold brads from my stash. It's all actually attached to a white panel, which was put onto a red panel, which was taped down to the card front.

So, how would YOU interpret this week's prompt? I think you should play along with us over at SOS this week!

Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

  1. Leslie, This came out lovely but now you've got me thinking about what I have left in my crop bag. I really like that you covered the music sheet with vellum and the red sentiment just pops beautifully. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card, love the vellum and awesome entiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Leslie!

    I, too, love the vellum and the embossed sentiment over that gorgeous piece of music paper. Thanks again for teaming up with us at Words 2 Scrap By!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I was going to say that I have that same music paper... but mine is gold ON vellum! Also in my stash forever, so hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhhhh so pretty, love the vellum! Great take on the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the vellum overlay on this gorgeous card!
    Very, very pretty.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vellum! Thank you for helping vellum make a comeback. And kudos on your embossing job. I know how much you hate to heat emboss. Oh wait. That's me.... but seriously, I'm impressed that your vellum didn't get all wonky wavy when you heat embossed it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so love a vellum overlay...this is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's very pretty. I love the vellum overlay for toning down the shiny gold.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty, Leslie! It is the attention to small details that make your work outstanding!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh the vellum is perfect - the shiny gold wouldn't have worked nearly so well. And I love the embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just gorgeous! Love the vellum overlay, that background music score paper, and the red embossed sentiment just pops!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)