Friday, April 17, 2015

This Card Brought To You By The Kindness of Strangers

Okay, not really strangers, but a fellow crafter who was over-generous. You know, the kind that is sending you a box of goodies and asks you if you need any silver doilies, and you say No. They respond with, Okay, I'll include some then.

Yeah, so a friend ended up with extra silver doilies, and a few came home with me. How fortunate that the current Jingle Belles challenge is to Upcycle/Recycle, because one of those doilies got used!

Here's my card, then I'll explain:


That doily is a mere shadow of its former self. It was so huge it needed a major trim, but I think it still works here.

I followed the current Sweet Sunday Sketch:


and I used my Basic Grey Nordic Holiday paper because it worked with the silver. As a bonus, I also tied on some silver & white twine I received wrapped around a package, so TWO upcycles. Whoot.

The sentiment is one from a set by my pal Heather. LOVE her handwriting! I stamped it with Hero Arts Silver ink and clear-embossed it.

This card came together pretty quickly, so I may just have to go back in to the craft room and see if I can make any more cards. Strike while the iron is hot, so they say.

I'm headed to an all-day crop tomorrow to support a local High School band, and I have no clue what to bring. So far I'm bringing things for other people, and my labeler and inks so I can do some organization. I hope to actually bring something to stamp. Otherwise I'll be labeling everything in sight! Oh, I might come away with some goodies, too, so there's that. Gotta love raffles and door prizes.

Thanks for stopping by!

Stuff I used:  silver doily and twine, Basic Grey Nordic Holiday 6x6 paper pad, vat of clear embossing powder, and the following:



6 comments:

  1. I like the doily with a trim. And I loved your description of over generous friends. The card and the story were fun. Have fun labeling everything. Hubby was sad he got me a label machine and I hadn't labeled anything so I labeled the machine! (and his and her spouts on the water cooler).

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some very sweet, generous friends and you have made very good use of your gifts. This is a very special Christmas card. Love that sentiment. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one of my favorite Hero Arts stamp sets ... how fun that you're friends with the fabulous font writer ... love how you trimmed down your doily too ... so very glad you celebrated Earth Day with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the silver doily with the sentiment. Clever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. now that is one fab fraction of a doily AND i loooooooooooove that handwriten sentiment stamp. SO VERY COOL on every level, especially with TWO upcyclages!!! :) thanks for joining our earth day fun at JINGLE BELLES! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Even trimmed that doily is awesome. Wonderfully done!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)