Saturday, April 11, 2015

CSSC #3 Mid-challenge Post

By now I think you've figured out my mind works in mysterious ways. This card is a perfect example of that whacko thinking:


I made this card at a crafty retreat a few weeks ago, and realized it matched my April CSSC #3 sketch, so I saved it for this post. But that's just a bonus, not the real reason I played with this set.

You see, a few challenges ago, the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers had a challenge called A is for Accident. They wanted us to make a Get Well card, but my brain knew this sentiment would also work for "accident". But no matter how long I searched, I couldn't find this set, so I didn't play that challenge. I had a big sad.

For my crafty retreat weekends I usually grab my boxes (yes, plural) of unused, unloved, forgotten and simply not-put-away-yet supplies so I'm forced to use them. Even though I looked through them several times for the SoSS challenge, I managed to miss this set, even though it's tall and sticks up over all the rest of the sets in the bin. What can I say?

I was so happy I'd rediscovered it, I pulled it out and used it to make this card.  I'd brought my Copics with me, but I decided I needed to paper piece the ladies instead. I know, I know, call me crazy. Won't be the first time.

I also chose papers that defied fussy cutting. Intricate patterns combined with my aging eyes did not make for the happiest camper, but I pushed on, much to the astonishment of my crafty neighbors. Just look at this:


I think about half-way through, we collectively agreed it would have been easier to color, but my mind was made up, and I'm actually happy with the result.

So, does this card follow the sketch? Why yes, yes it does:


Granted, it's a stretch, but the basic layout is still there.

So, have you played yet? You can find the linky here at the original challenge post. The link-up is open through the 21st. Come on and play!

Thanks for stopping by!

Stuff I used: SU Summer Starfruit card stock (I stole a piece back from a bag of SU card stock I'd given to a friend, simply because it actually matched the patterned paper I used), patterned papers: Queen Bee by Pink Paislee and Country Boutique by Fancy Pants Designs, gold gelly roll pen for the earrings, and the following:




7 comments:

  1. Love the card...the papers are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your efforts were rewarded, it looks fabulous. That is far more fussy-cutting-paper-piecing than I will probably ever do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my very favorite images and sentiments!!! So fun and love, love, LOVE your paper piecing!!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this set and use it often, but I have never attempted to do paper piecing with it because I found it a bit intimidating. You did a great job so I know it can be done. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a really fun card, and I love your take on the sketch too! I had a good chuckle over this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your paper-piecing is fab! You _could_ always join us now... since this card makes me laugh! Luckily, not to accident level. :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't listen to those it would be easier to color people because yeah, easier, but this image called for, no SCREAMED for these patterns. Love this card and love that it is a loose interpretation of your sketch.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)