Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Fa La La, Part Second

Here is the second card I made for the current Jingle Belles Fa-La-La-La-La prompt:



When I finally found these stamps, I realized the glitch in my stampy organization system. For some small companies whose wooden stamps I've collected over the years, I keep all that company's stamps together. Well, in this case the Christmas stamps were in with the other stamps from that company, and not with my Christmas collection of ALL THE CHRISTMAS THINGS. No wonder I couldn't find them.

Enter: The Dilemma. Do I break up a set* and put these in with the holiday stuff? Will I remember where they are next year if I don't? Will the Earth fall off its axis if I mess with my system? So I took a deep breath, and when I was done, I put these stamps away with the holiday stamps. It is done.

So about the card, right.  I stamped the pups with Memento Luxe Rich Cocoa and clear-embossed them, then die-cut them with my Lil Inker Stitched Mats: Squares. I cut the same size square from a piece of patterned paper and put it behind the white piece for contrast.

In addition to the singing pups, I used a piece of musical paper from the same paper pack as the red piece.

Now about that sentiment: I love it, but it's a bear to figure out how to stamp on a card front that really works. It's kindof wavy. I suppose I could make a one-layer card (*horrors*) and not deal with it, but ... whatever.  I chose to fussy-cut it, and when I'd done the bottom I stopped and got a clue.  I know me pretty well, and I'd probably muck up cutting the top part, so I left it straight and un-touched.

Now I needed a solution for The Join to make it look like I meant to do that. Since I was in brown mode, and had used SU Early Espresso card stock for the layer, I looked through my cache of unopened SU ribbon and found this spool of Early Espresso, so it was opened and used. go, me

That's it, there is no more. I made two holiday cards in under an hour last night, and it was very therapeutic. Stamping is good for the soul!

Thanks for stopping by!

* I mean, it's not like it's a Stampin' Up! set in a box, right? 

Stuff I used: Dogs (Singing Pooches) and sentiment (Fa La La) by The Cat's Pajamas RS, Lil Inker Stitched Mats: Square, SU Early Espresso card stock and ribbon, vat of clear embossing powder, and the following:



6 comments:

  1. Oh the dilemma of stamp organization! Now to throw a wrench in the works... your pups could be singing for other occasions as well such as Happy Birthday or He's a Jolly Good Fellow or Feed Us You GD Bitch (a personal favorite of my cats). Sometimes when I have a stamp that I could use for one thing (say a rabbit for Easter) but I want to leave it elsewhere (the drawer with all the other rabbits) then I'll either stamp that stamp and throw the image in the Easter drawer or I'll put a note in the Easter drawer "remember bunnies!" Sometimes that helps. I really like your card with its musical note background and jolly dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. stamping is good for the soul and creative problem-solving is pretty awesome, too! LOVE this and the ribbon miiiiiight be my favorite part! awesome (AGAIN!) missus! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stamp organization is an oxymoron.
    The image is fun, the paper is awesome, and your sentiment solution perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun paper and design.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw organize with what makes the most sense ... personally I keep most of my Christmas together except for the manufacturers where I have fairly large collections over all (Hero Arts) ... love these singing guys.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)