Thursday, May 15, 2014

ABNH: You're the (em) Boss!



It's time for another challenge over at A Blog Named Hero. This fortnight we ask you to use embossing on your project, either wet or dry.

Also, we're collaborating with Mama Elephant this month, so I've used some of their products on my project.



As an added bonus, Mama Elephant is offering a prize pack for each ABNH challenge this month: two stamp sets of the winner's choice. Wheeee!

Ever the over-achiever, I chose to use both heat and dry embossing. :)  Here's my card, then I'll explain:


The first thing I did was emboss a piece of white card stock with the Hero Arts Irregular Checkerboard Background stencil. It's crazy easy to do using the tan embossing mats and gives such a great look. Here is what the debossed back looks like so you can see:


Since the shapes were raised on the front, I placed the stencil back over it, taped it down, and added three colors of Distress ink to color them. Then all I needed to do was stamp the Mama Elephant sentiment between two of the rows of squares.

For my last act, I stamped the people image in Memento Luxe black ink and heat-embossed them. My ink might need to be re-inked as they didn't come out very dark, but you can still see the shiny:


So, do you like to emboss? I think you should stop by A Blog Named Hero and play along with us!


As always, our generous sponsor, Simon Says Stamp, will award one random entry with a $25 gift voucher.


So, between the chance for a Simon Says Stamp gift card AND a chance at two free Mama Elephant stamp sets, I really think you should come play. Need ideas? Check out the other DT projects over at ABNH.

Thanks for stopping by!







1 comment:

  1. LOVE the idea of embossing with stencils - I'm going to have to go find my mat. And the colours you picked shine - and THAT SENTIMENT. You know I need that.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)