Monday, May 26, 2014

I've Invented A Spotted Bear

As I set out to use more of my Me And My Big Ideas (MAMBI) card stock, I realized I had no paper to coordinate with the (gah) pink dots, which may also be why this stuff waited until near the end of my efforts. I finally gave up with the pink and went for more Kraft-colored card bases, thus minimizing the pink. Whoot.

Here's one of the ten cards cards so you can see what I'm blathering about (about what I'm blathering):


See the pink dots? I think they sorta fade with all the Kraft around them. heh heh That's actually a Hero Arts Latte card base.

I stamped the image onto white card stock, then die-cut it. I originally wanted the circle off-set to the left and the banner stuck under it, but it didn't fit, so I had to go with Plan B and center the whole thing.

Now, about the spots on the bear. I have no coloring skillz, especially when it comes to large areas where it's easy to see the brush strokes. I detested my coloring so much, I contemplated stamping on patterned paper and cutting it out to paper piece the bear, BUT since I made 10 of these, not gonna go there. So I added some dots using the same color marker to attempt to distract you from seeing the bad coloring underneath them. Thus, I've invented a spotted bear. How special.

And to add a little something-something, I used a tiny heart die to cut hearts from some of the remaining pink circles to make hearts for da bearz:


GAH! Now you can see the awful coloring I was trying to cover up. ;/

I do have a few pieces of MAMBI card stock left. I might go hunting through the OWH sketch list to see if I can find one or two sketches to trigger some ideas. Wish me luck!

And thanks for stopping by!

Stuff I used: MAMBI card stock, and the following:



2 comments:

  1. Love it! The pink is hardly noticeable against the kraft!! LOL kidding...I am all over those pink polka dots!! I love it when a plan (B) comes together!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bears with measles? Just kidding - I think they are adorable.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)