Sunday, May 18, 2014

Love You Bunches

When I grow up, I'd like to have a fraction of the talent that Jennifer McGuire has in her pinkie* finger. Seriously. The other day she posted this video where she colors with pigment inks. Even though she colors over white ink (starting about 2:45 into the video), the idea of using pigment inks to color an image stuck in my brain, so I had to try it.

I still had my Hero Arts Night & Day stamp set out (surprise), and I made this:


I stamped the image in Hero Arts Soft Vanilla, then used Memento Luxe inks and Fantastix to color it. I started with the Morocco, added some Love Letter to the flowers' centers, then went over the petals with a little more Morocco to blend it. I only used one color - Pear Tart - for the leaves, as I don't have a darker green, yet. :) For the flower centers, I added some dots of black glaze pen. This also let me stamp my sentiment in black, which I like to do. I like the contrast.

I thought about stamping the image outline over the solid flowers, but then I thought this kinda looked like water color, or at least hand-painted (pffth, yeah, right) so I left it alone. I also thought about adding some bling in the upper right to fill in some of that {shudder} white space, but I was strong and left it alone, too.

My biggest hurdle was finding just the right color card base, and I found it in a box of card stock my pal Joy gifted to me. It's one of the Hero Arts Artist papers, and it has a mix of reds that was just right for these flowers. Thanks, Joy! :)

Coloring with pigment ink was crazy-easy to do. I'd do this again before I'd water color. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

* pinky? pinkie? I wanted pinky, but Blogger spell-check was unhappy. It also thinks "bling" isn't a word. I think we need to either have a separate crafter dictionary, or else Blogger needs to "learn" words we use all the time and stop complaining.



3 comments:

  1. That is such a wonderful stamp, and I love what you did with it again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet bunch of posies! I love the colors, so bright and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)